- the www.superevilmegacorp.com website and any other website that we own or control and to which this Cookie Notice is posted (collectively, the “Sites”); and
- our mobile game applications (“App”).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED ON YOUR SITES?
Essential – These cookies are necessary to allow the proper technical operation of our Sites.
Analytics – These cookies help us understand how our Service is performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- Google Analytics – You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here, how Google collects and processes your data here, and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
- Ipinfo.io – You can find more about Ipinfo.io here.
Functional – we embed videos from YouTube using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. You can find out more information about privacy-enhanced mode here.
In addition to cookies, our Sites and emails may use other technologies to collect information. For example, we may use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and whether recipients of our marketing emails open or click links within them. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails (e.g., they may tell us whether you have opened an email, and/or forwarded it on to someone else) and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Mobile application software development kits (SDKs)
We may use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) in our mobile applications. A SDK is third-party computer code that can help us, our service providers and third party partners collect data for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to help our advertising partners show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our Apps and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you include:
- Change your preferences. You can set your preferences for the non-essential cookies you wish to allow by clicking on the Manage Consent button in the bottom right hand corner of the website.
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject all cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
- App data collection opt-out. You can opt-out of collection of your user data through the App to facilitate in-game interest-based advertising by deselecting the option beginning with “Allow us and our partners to collect user data to make the ads you see more relevant” in the in-game options menu.
- Industry association opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.